🌳♻️ POE-TREE: Outdoor Observation, Describing a Tree and Writing a Haiku: Fluxus Poetry
Face to face outdoor activity, online (the children can do the activity in their community with their parents and present in an online lesson)
Individual and group work
This Poe-tree activity includes outdoor observation, describing a tree, and writing a haiku.
- Go outside and observe different kinds of trees.
- Chose a tree near your home or school.
- Spend time with your tree and explore it from various perspectives; lie underneath, run around, touch the bark, climb it.
- Using the first page in this printable write nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, phrases, and your thoughts.
- Use senses (touch, smell, see) to come up with more words.
- Motivate children to use poe-tree 1 or two and make shape poetry with their words. It can be any kind of poem. The examples below are haiku poetry. Grab the full free printable below!
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE FOR ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES.